Abstract Submission has been closed.
Please note that the Online Abstract Submission is a complex process, which requires all steps to be completed before the work can be saved. That means that SAVING can only be done by the “Save the Abstract” button at the end of the whole submission, CONTINUOUS FILE SAVING IS NOT POSSIBLE.
If you need to quit the system quickly, we recommend that you fill in all the required fields in an abbreviated form and save your work using the “Save the Abstract” button.
1. Log into the online submission system using your credentials. For your first log-in, you will need to create a new user account using the Account Manager. The system will generate an automatic email with your username and password.
Please, note that your account will serve for the all communications before and during the conference. Should you forget your password, the system will generate a new one when prompted.
2. On the Abstract Start Page you can manage all your abstracts submitted to the conference.
3. Create a new abstract using ‘+’ button or edit an existing one.
4. For placing abstracts in the conference programme, the authors are required to select the best fitting Topic and Subtopic, or Special Session for their abstract. If unsure about the best choice, provide also an alternative choice.
5. A preferred presentation method must be selected from the following options:
6. Young authors (<35 years) may compete for the Poul Harremoës Award referral and indicate their interest by selecting this option.
7. Young authors (<35 years) from Central and Eastern European Countries competing for the Poul Harremoës Award may apply for a CEE Financial Support. Please select this option, if you wish to do so.
8. Authors are invited to serve as reviewers of other conference abstracts, such service would be greatly appreciated by the organizers and the Scientific Committee. Please select and indicate your preferred topic you are willing to review.
9. Authors of selected extended abstracts will be notified to submit their full paper for further publication in IWA Publishing´s journals Water Science and Technology or Water Practice and Technology. Please select if you wish so.
10. The abstract title is limited to 150 characters (including spaces) and must be submitted using the sentence case (eg. ‘The concept of urban drainage on the planet Mars ...’).
11. Up to 15 authors may be listed on one abstract.
12. The author’s order can be changed, if needed, by swapping the listed author names.
13. Any author from the list may be designated as the presenting author; unless indicated otherwise, the first author is set as the presenting author, by default.
14. At least 4, but no more than 6 keywords are to be entered in the alphabetical order. Please note the keywords will be printed in the order you will have submitted them in.
15. Please insert a brief bio sketch of the presenting author with the maximum length of 600 characters (including spaces).
Copy the text of your abstract into the text boxes below (please note a plain text will be copied - special text formatting may be lost). For inserting equations, figures and tables, follow the special instructions presented below.
16. The extended abstract body should consist of: Summary, Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results and Discussions, Conclusions, Acknowledgments, References.
17. When using the paragraphs, please always create a new paragraph by adding one spare line.
18. When working with the minor headings, please always apply the following format: standard font, bold letters with no numbering, one spare line above, no spare line below
19. The maximum length of the summary is 700 characters (including spaces). The summaries will be printed within the conference programme book.
20. The maximum length of the whole extended abstract (excluding Summary) is 6,000 characters (including spaces).
21. Equations may be inserted within the abstract text using the built-in editor. Please number each equation as shown below. Equation number should be added in a plane text, not within the equation editor.
For referencing in the text use the equation numbers in brackets, e.g. "for calculating runoff volume, equation (3) has been used"
22. Up to four artworks (figures, tables) can be inserted in the abstract text fields Materials and Methods and Results and Discussions combined . Please ensure that you also insert each artwork caption in the corresponding location within the abstract text.
Please use the labeling e.g. “Fig. 1. Catchment layout” and “Tab. 1. Sampling dates”
For referencing in the text use artworks abbreviations and numbers (e.g. Fig. 1, Tab. 1)
Only *.gif, *.png and *.jpg formats are allowed.
Before entering any artwork, it is recommended to read the step-by-step “Artwork Upload Guide” below.
23. References are to be formatted according to the Water Science and Technology guidelines.
Up to four artworks (figures, tables) can be inserted within the Methods and Materials“ or „Results and Discussion“ text boxes when submitting the abstract text.
1. First of all, place the artwork caption within the abstract text to a final position you wish the artwork to be placed at (Fig. 1. IWA Publishing) (1). Click the “Artwork Insert” icon to start the upload process (2).
The maximum size of the uploaded artwork is 2MB (approx. 500px width).
Converter for your artwork is available here.
Click the “Upload” button (1) and select the artwork you wish to insert from your computer. It will be uploaded to the insert gallery (2). You may add as many artworks into your gallery as needed, however only four can be selected and used in the extended abstracts.
2. Select the corresponding artwork (1), copy the artwork caption used within the text into the “Alternate Text” field (2), add the dimensions (one size is enough) (3) and confirm the selection with the ”Insert” button. (4)
If unsure how to choose adequate dimensions you may consult the Elsevier standard dimensions below.
3. When the artwork is uploaded, it will appear in the respective text box (1). If you wish to change the dimensions you can anytime edit the abstract and delete the inserted artwork and upload a new one.
4. To trash an artwork, please select the one you wish to delete in the text box where it is saved and use the delete button (1).
Such artwork will be deleted from the text box where inserted, but will remain in your gallery in the upload editor (1). To trash it completely (from the gallery), please select the respective artwork in the gallery and use the „Delete“ button (2).
Please contact the ICUD Scientific Programme Department for any assistance needed.
Make sure to read the oral and poster presenting authors‘ guidelines in order to learn how to prepare your presentation/poster properly!
Final Submission is now closed
Should you have any further queries please contact us at email@example.com
Preliminary programme scheme published.
Click here to have a look.
Social programme details available here.
To learn more about technical tours click here.
Click here for overview of pre-conference workshops.
All authors of submitted abstracts were notified about the evaluation results.
Should you need any assistance please contact us.
Confirmed keynotes published.
Click here to read more.
On-line registration is now open.
Click here for more information.